Garlic Oil & Vitamin E
Essential Fatty Acids
- Maintains Cholesterol Levels
- Enhances Heart Health
Garlic (ALLIUM SATIVUM) is one of the earth's greatest health tonics and does indeed have scientifically-proven medicinal properties. It contains a substance called ALLICIN, which has anti-bacterial properties that are equivalent to a weak penicillin. It is a natural antibiotics and is useful in treating everything from ALLERGIES to TONSILLITIS.
Garlic contains many sulfur compounds which detoxify the body, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure and improve circulation. Garlic has also demonstrated anti-cancer, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant effects.
- Free radicals are particles that can damage cell membranes, interact with genetic material and possibly contribute to the aging process as well as the development of a number of conditions including heart disease and cancer.
- Free radicals occur naturally in the body but environmental toxins (including ultraviolet light, radiation, cigarette smoking and air pollution) can also increase the number of these damaging particles.
- Antioxidants can neutralize free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause over time.
- The smooth muscle relaxant Adenosine is found in garlic and this seems to help lower blood pressure.
- Garlic is also used to help prevent atherosclerosis (plaque build up in the arteries causing blockage and possibly leading to heart attack or stroke), reduce colds, coughs and bronchitis.
- Studies suggest that fresh garlic and garlic supplements may prevent blood clots and destroy plaque.
- Blood clots and plaque block blood flow and contribute to the development of atherosclerosis. Blockage of blood flow to the heart, brain and legs, can lead to heart attack, stroke, or peripheral vascular disease (PVD). People with PVD experience pain in the legs when they walk and move.
- Garlic does reduce the build up of plaque then strokes, heart attacks and PVD may be less likely to occur in people who eat garlic or take garlic supplements.
HIGH CHOLESTEROL AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
- A number of studies have found that garlic reduces elevated total cholesterol levels and lowers blood pressure more effectively.
- Garlic produces a chemical called Allicin which gives garlic all its medicinal properties.
- Garlic is used for many conditions related to the heart and blood system. These conditions include high blood pressure, low blood pressure, high cholesterol, inherited high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, reduced blood flow due to narrowed arteries, and "hardening of the arteries”
Average Values per Capsule
|Garlic Oil||1.25 mg||*|
|Vitamin E||0.25 mg||2%|